Realtime Gaming Blackjack is without a doubt one of the most popular blackjack games available online. You can play this version of blackjack at all RTG powered online casinos for free or for real money. Realtime Gaming Blackjack is very similar to the blackjack games that you can play at land-based casinos, but unlike land-based casinos, you can play this version of blackjack from the comfort of your own home.
The ultimate goal of Realtime Gaming Blackjack is to get closer to 21 than the dealer without going over 21.
How to Play Realtime Gaming Blackjack
Playing Realtime Gaming Blackjack is virtually the same as playing any other version of blackjack that you're familiar with. You begin by deciding how much you'd like to bet and then the cards are dealt. You receive two cards initially that are dealt face up and the dealer is also dealt two cards; one of which is face up and one of which is face down.
If the value of your first two cards is 21, you have what is known as a blackjack and your hand automatically wins. The only exception to this rule is if the dealer also has a blackjack, in which case you push the hand. If a blackjack is not present in either hand, play continues until a winner is determined.
As a player, you have one of two options for playing your hand; you can either hit or stand. If you decide to hit, you will be given another card that will be added to the total of your hand.
Prior to hitting, you can elect to double down once, which means that you agree to double your bet and receive one additional card and no further cards after that. Prior to hitting, you can also choose to split your first two cards if they are of equal value. If you go this route, you must place an additional wager and you will then need to play two hands separately.
If you decide to stand, no further cards will be dealt to you and the game will continue with the playing of the dealer's hand according to the rules below.
- The Dealer must hit on any total of 16 or less.
- The Dealer must stand on any total of 17 or more.
- The Dealer must hit on any hard total of 16 or less.
- The Dealer must stand on any hard total of 17 or more.
- The Dealer must hit on any soft total of 17 or less.
- The Dealer must stand on any soft total of 18 or more.
How do I win?
You win if:
- You get Blackjack.
- Your hand is closer to 21 than the Dealer's hand without going over 21.
- The Dealer's hand exceeds 21, while your hand stays within 21 points.
- Cards are dealt from four standard 52-card decks.
- Cards are re-shuffled after each hand.
- A blackjack wins automatically, unless the dealer also has a Blackjack, in which case it is considered a draw and you push.
- Insurance is available for purchase when the dealer's face up card is an ace.
Our number one tip for playing Realtime Gaming Blackjack is to keep the help file open at all times so you can reference it whenever you need to. This will help ensure that you make the correct decisions and it will increase your overall odds of winning by playing “perfect strategy” blackjack. Other than that, experiment with your bets and have fun playing the always popular game of Realtime Gaming Blackjack.